NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing a pond in the CLT area today before the storms ran me off. Tried wacky rigging a worm for the first time today. Had already caught one on a chartreuse Buzz bait.
Tossed out the worm, got a bite and hooked into a 3/4 pound or so fish. He came up once, then dove back down. The line got heavier, but not as much fight. He started to come back up and I noticed something trailing him by a few inches. I figured one of his buddies was trailing him. As I got him in closer, I saw it was definitely a bud, but not the kind I was thinking of....

definitely one of the stranger things I've had happen fishing...

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha...no kidding. And he didn't even offer me one.

I'm still perplexed on this one... As he was coming up, and I was realizing what it was, my brain was trying to process it. I was thinking the line had some how got wrapped around the tab...but no. The hook was literally buried into the can...and it was pretty much a round spot where the hook went in. The fish was just on the line like a stringer.

Crazy stuff.

i should send this to TruTurn...

·
Red X Angler
3,519 Posts
One in a million catch. I bet you put a can in the water and try to set the hook it will never happen.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As you can see it's definitely a catch and release pond...that's probably one of the more innocuous things "other than fish" that could come out of that body of water.
1st wacky rig catch was definitely wacky...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
A week ago got a smallish bass maybe 3/4 pounder on a trick worm as I was letting him play out I noticed another bass was chasing trying to take the worm away from him. Thought at first ya caugt two bass on one worm but the BUD makes it two!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ironically, it was a zoom trick worm....and that's what I thought was happening, another bass. I've had that happen before.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
It would be nearly impossible to stick that can without a fish on there. To have the hook come out like that and stick the can is incredible.

I did have a partner in a club tournament set into the side of a 16 oz pepsi bottle that was wedged in the rocks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wives all over NC are going to be in serious trouble - once word gets out that our lakes are stocked with free beers in addition to fish they will really be fishing widows, lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think me an my little girl are about to drive back to that pond this morning..see if I can catch 5 more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts