NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to go to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel on Thursday. Fished the 3rd island on the outgoing tide. We were casting 3oz. jig heads with 6" shads, (white, and chartreuse). Caught about 40 fish. Largest 33", smallest 22" most fish were in the slot and were thrown back, (can keep 2 fish 18-28" or one over 34"). Beutiful weather, about 45 degrees, light wind out of the south, 1' seas. Sorry no pics. I was just glad to get out and get some pullage on the end of my rod. If anyone decides to go, pick your times, seas can get ugly out there. I know this is not in NC but close.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Great report! I'd love to hang some of those big boys!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope they get down here this year as well. Last year, they never got south of the NC/Va line. Thats a long ride from Oregon Inlet.

Sundrop, if I get a opportunity and the weather is right, I give you a call. It will be short notice though.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I hope they get down here this year as well. Last year, they never got south of the NC/Va line. Thats a long ride from Oregon Inlet.

Sundrop, if I get a opportunity and the weather is right, I give you a call. It will be short notice though.
Most of the time I can do short notice... just the last 3 months have been tough!! But it will hopefully be over with my wife's back surgery Wednesday!!! Dr says it is a pretty simple procedure and she wont be down long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.