NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Cedar Cliff Lake with 2 friends today. Started fishing around 4pm and wrapped up about 745. High winds made it a little aggravating to fish light tackle but that was the only complaint. Spoke with the only other boater on the lake as soon as we arrived. He hadn't gotten a bite but surprisingly said it was his favorite lake to fish and that he had caught several 10 lb. bass there. He commented on the water temp being several degrees lower then it had previously been.

Between the 3 of us we threw a luckycraft crankbait, luckycraft jerkbait, chartruese bobby garland, white twister tail grub, 4-inch pumpkin seed worm texas rigged, and live nightcrawlers. I haven't fished with nightcrawlers in about 20 years. Prefer artificial but thought it might help with locating some fish that would otherwise turn away.

Picked up a decent trout and a small largemouth on a nightcrawler. Got a small largemouth on the luckycraft jerkbait right before leaving. My 2 friends never shook the skunk off.

We parked boat at the dam to get a view off the other side. What a gorgeous area.

Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft

·
Registered
28 Posts
I grew up on and still live on Cedar Cliff. Its tough right now with all the rain and changing weather we've had lately. Give it time and the lake will show up.
Water temps have flucuated so much lately thats its been very difficult to find fish. Trout are consistently rising in the coves with inflowing creeks. The bass seem to be holding on deep breaks right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.