NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the Spanish fly show where he went to the amazon and his outfitter from Memphis uses a "chain rig" for bottom fishing....Jose was making fun of it but he said the guy lost ZERO rigs and Jose lost 25 rigs(carolina) or so.
It is a caribeaner tied on the end of the line and then he had 3 big links from a chain and then his line was tied to the chain. Wonder how it would wk for cats?? Worked good for redtail cats they said.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Anyone see the Spanish fly show where he went to the amazon and his outfitter from Memphis uses a "chain rig" for bottom fishing....Jose was making fun of it but he said the guy lost ZERO rigs and Jose lost 25 rigs(carolina) or so.
It is a caribeaner tied on the end of the line and then he had 3 big links from a chain and then his line was tied to the chain. Wonder how it would wk for cats?? Worked good for redtail cats they said.
Hanging up is not your problem............... Hooking up is.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He went to the amazon mack? :p

I saw a guy tie a rock to his line while fishing the roanoke one day. I'd laugh about it except he outfished my shiners on a carolina rig using chicken livers and a rock.

Yeah, Jose was perplexed as well... the rig is your main line tied to a caribeaner. Then open the caribeaner and put on the chain links(in this case it was 3 big links. Now tie your leader to the last link...when those cats picked up the bait they were also feeling the weight of the links as it doesnt slide. Jose said he would never use one but it worked better than his rigs....

Reactions: FishinCary
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.