NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Charlotte and am really looking for some more private/neighborhood ponds or farm ponds to fish. Not so much public parks, but really any good bass ponds. I mainly just catch and release bass fish and DO NOT leave behind any trash. I am not expecting anyone to give away their honey holes, and I am not going to be the one to tell about your spot or bring a bunch people with me lol. I have a few ponds I regularly fish, and would be happy to trade some spots. I also don't mind driving a little out of the Charlotte area. Thanks for any help, Jake. PM's welcome also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Very limited resource typically, and thus access restricted or closely guarded is the norm. Don't take it personally. NCStateFisher has mentioned more than once the lack of available good bank fishing in that area and he's pretty resourceful about finding it. Wish I could help ya.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The best thing I could recommend is getting on Takemefishing.org and pull up their map. It will show you fishing spots around the city, and whether or not if they're public or private. It works nice because people can add points to the little lakes and ponds that can be fished.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Yeah, you're kind of asking for the holy grail... A lot of us would like to have more access to those kind of places.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for not replying earlier, just checked this post again. But yeah thanks everybody, that's what I have found. I know a few spots, and received a PM and traded a spot with somebody. I would definitely trade some labor for some good bass if I had the opportunity lol.
I am really looking to get more seriously into bass fishing. I am 17 and just graduated high school, and am really trying to get a small boat or something soon. I just really don't know anybody around here with a boat to fish with.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Save up a couple hundred bucks, beg your family to cash in birthday and Christmas together for you and everyone's present be funding toward a boat. A simple kayak, or a canoe (+/- a trolling motor) can open up a lot of options for you on the Catawba chain. Often you'll find jonboats on CraigsList for good deals if you watch for them, especially during the colder months. Don't have to have a gas engine, electric motor will push a jonboat ok if you keep your battery's lifespan in mind while you're out.

Best of luck to you
If you find yourself up toward the Triad I know a few munincipal lakes that have rentals.

Reactions: zky1812

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I've done a lot of research and stuff, and I'm hoping to get set soon. Only thing is, I only have a car right now. I am trying to get a new truck, the one I have has some problems. Looking to find some new fishing buddies too lol. If anyone ever has an open spot on there boat, I have gas money lol. I'm really looking to learn more about lake fishing, fish finders, etc., and get more seriously into bass fishing. My grandpa lives in TN, and he recently got a bass boat. I've been able to fish Lake Chickamauga with him a couple times.

·
Registered
549 Posts
So you can look at my post in kayak/canoe forum for how to transport a canoe. Mack likes to use he's car more then his truck. After using mine today I can see why if you don't have a bed extender it can be a pain to get it on the roof. The point is you can transport it just fine on a car.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I hauled my first canoe, a 13ft single seater, on the roof of my Honda Accord with a portable hard rack made by Yakima.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Charlotte bank fishing has become an absolute joke. Best bet is to learn to fish the Catawba or buy a boat/kayak
Most of the bigger creeks in the Charlotte area are loaded with bass, gar, carp and sunnies. Several of these creeks feature extensive park and Greenway access, flow through commercial districts where landowner concerns aren't an issue, or both. The opportunities are there for anyone who cares to seek them out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.