NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving back to Charlotte for work and will officially be moved down there around the end of July. I'll greatly miss my Raleigh NCAngler buddies and being close to the coast. Will not be able to make near as many morehead city runs as I do now which will kill me a little but that's the price of starting out in the real world post graduation :cool:- look forward to meeting some Charlotte members on here and re-learning the area. I had quite a few fishing holes growing up that are now private or the land has been developed so I will need to figure it back out. I know about beatty park and a few of the smaller lakes (twitty, lure, monroe) and will be working right near lake wylie. If anybody down there wants to fish this fall let me know, will be looking for bass fishing as well as places to fish big cats.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
NCSTateFisher man I am going to miss ya. You have taught me a lot about bass fishing and I am going to surely miss learning more. But now that you start your career and I end mine I am looking forward to fall fishing trips to the western part of the state. Good luck buddy and find yourself another couple of honey holes. I guess the bass at bond will be all mine come fall and winter :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Gonna miss you, we had started having some great and informative talks! But I'm not afraid to travel so we will hang out again!! I'm always down for some Cattin'! Good luck to you on your new venture!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wylie is becoming a nice producer for some good sized cats! Saw another 60+ blue come out of Fishing Creek over the weekend too, so you won't have to look far!

If ya don't mind small boats hit me up and we'll go play on LKW.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
I never fished with you, NCStateFisher, and I don't live around Charolotte, but based on the posts I've read and the people who know you, I feel confident you are one of those guys that exemplify what NCAngler is about.

If you ever find your way up toward the Triad, let me know. Once I get this back issue sorted out, I'll be back on the water and I'd be happy to take you fishing any time. Hopefully some of the Charlotte area boys will hook you up. Good luck, and congrats on the job!

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
As much as it would hurt to move further from the coast and the good bass fishing around Raleigh I am sure you will find some good company and fishing spots. Probably a few that the ones of us on this side of the state have missed.
Once we get you in a yak you can still get in some inshore around Fort Fisher/Southport without adding moer than an 1 1/2 to your normal Coastal trip time. I have only fished that area once, I can haul 4 boats and 4 people we may need to work up a car-pool.

Meantime put some new line on the UL before the end of Oct. and keep an eye out for a good deal on some breathable chest waders.

Darrell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts