NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This site looks like it keeps on top of the fishing around N.C so Joined it I did. I'm new to south charlotte and actually have been out of fresh water fishing for a few yrs due to livng on the coast of sw florida. So if anyone is in the charlotte area and gets out on the weekends to fish. Let me know let me know!! Again nice site boys...:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey sncsurf....i'm over off of johnston and carmel...i know where rea rd is not to far from here...i don't have a boat or anything of that nature--i wish though. where are these ponds around here that your fishing at??? i'd like to be able to walk around some areas and fish without being yelled!!! haha...take it easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rye, the pond I was telling you about in the other thread is over in Piper Glen. I've got the boat,but The truck died(288k miles and she just quit?) So until I resolve the issue I have to rely on people to come hook it up and take me fishing.(so sad) But hey, it could be worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uconn...hey man--yah i've heard of piper glen but had no clue you could just go on there property and fish..Let me know forsure how the day goes cause i'm itching to get out fishing tomm. Well if you give me a good enough heads up I'm sure I'd be able to pull the boat with yah. Got a 4-runner 05 I"m sure could pull....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rye,we went for about 3 hours and wound up with 8 Bass from 1-3lbs. My youngest son lost about a 4lber right at shore(didn't get a good hookset). We managed to get chased off of the golf course part of the pond by the maintenance crew. Therefore,we wound up just fishing on private property. Of course all the good fish were hanging out by the golf course. LOL As for going out in the boat, just let me know middle of any week and we can work it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Everyone-
Also in SE Charlotte off of Rea Rd. Usually fish William R Davie, and Elon Park for bream and bass. Anyone know of other places around here that aren't private? I have fished some in Caty Lake subdivision, but it is supposed to be for residents only.
Love to fish. Have 2 boys that sometimes go with me. Anyone interested or have new places and want some company ( with or without kids ), drop me an e-mail.
[email protected]
Scott

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hello all,
Fished New River last Saturday and caught several smallmouth. Going up again this Saturday with my wife and daughter. They will tube the river and I plan to wade some.

I'm in search of a canoe for fishing slow moving rivers like the New, Catawba and the Broad. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi everyone
just joined the site.

I live between UNCC and Harrisburg.
I have been fishing at Reedy Creek park lately, but would love to find other areas to fish as well as tips on fishing in this area.

I used to live in Wilmington and did a lot of fishing in the intercoastal and surf fishing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the board. Just fished the ponds in Ballantyne Exec Park ( exit 61 off of 485 @ Jonston Rd ) last night. Caught a nice 2 lb largemouth off of a buzz bait at dusk. Nice place, all catch and release. Several small ponds to choose from. Fish are healthy as can be also. Great fight in them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in the Charlotte area and have fished several local public
lakes. I fished Cane Creek Park in Waxhaw last week.
Not much luck fishing from shore nor did the other people I
talked with there seem to be catching much of anything.
However, I saw a posting by someone with a boat who caught several bass there last week.
(I lived in S FL and primarily fished salt water in boat. Getting back into fresh water fishing but currently do not have a boat.)
Farm ponds seem to be quite productive around here "IF" you can
still find one.
Good Luck.
Jay A/K/A OLD RANGER

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.