NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just moving to charlotte and looking for some cool places to fish. I Enjoy bass fishing and will do some catfishing as well. I have a kayak but would love to do some pond fishing also. Any suggestions? I was also thinking of floating the catawba river or yadkin and would love a suggestion on where to put in and take out. Thanks!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Welcome to the site. Mountain Island is a good place to fish. Some of the guys do well in the Catawba after Wylie. I fish Hickory and Rhodhiss mostly your welcome to come up and fish with me sometime. We can take the boat or the yaks. Yadkin is a good place with a huge variety of fish. Send a PM after you have made a few more posts and i will give some better details.

Darrell

·
Registered
301 Posts
There's some great fishing in charlotte and the surrounding area as well as a strong local yak scene, either casual or tournament (very casual tournaments however). Look up Queen City Kayak Bass Fishing on facebook, a new tournament series with its third event this saturday on Mountain Island ($45 entry).

For lakes you can launch at a ton of places on norman, wylie and Mountain Island Lake, all part of the catawba chain. Also the broad in SC isn't far, neither is the yadkin chain like dbeam mentioned. There are also some fun ponds and smaller lakes too if you know where to look. One public option is Colonel Frances Beatty Park, which has some hogs in a very small and fishable lake.

What part of town do you live in? and Where you from?

Reactions: phantom102533

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses! From Troutman NC originally but have lived in chapel hill, winston salem, and aspen colorado as well. I have been caught a few bass out of mountain island lake recently with a friend. Mostly on squarebilled crank baits or minnows. Mostly small though. Biggest one i have caught out of there is about 2 lbs. We did lose a huge cat at the boat though. Fishing the wylie and the catawba tommorow. Let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome Adam!!! Glad you signed up for NC Angler! Great group of folk on the forum, solid discussion as well. By the way this is Neal my code/handle name is Whitewater... Good luck fishing tomorrow, let me know how the Catawba fishes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.