NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been asked to be part of the safety crew for a swim race. Some details are still lacking but I will have them all soon.
The event is Oct. 17th (sat) and will be held at Latta Plantation on Mt. Island. Racing starts at 8am and will be done at 10 am. They expect 50 swimmers (had 160 earlier in the year) and will need paddlers to follow the swimmers in case they need help. Especially this time of year in the colder water.
I am going to be there and will be inviting the Hardcore boys.
We will go in as soon as the park is open. Put in at the Gar creek access and paddle up to the start and markers at the fishing pier.
will add more details later. I do know some of the money will be going to the Riverkeepers so I want to support it. Just wanted to get the post out so anyone interested could start thinking about it.
I will be taking the fam to Great Wolf Lodge that day/night so I`ll probably split right after. --------------------stu

PS clean-up following weekend on Southfork. Will post on that closer to the date (24th)

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.