NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few minutes today and decide to work on my beat up heaver rod. I'm replacing the thread on the eyes currently. Yes I know it looks like crap and is probably wrong in a hundred different ways, I don't care because this is my beat around rod and honestly the thread is to replace the camo duct tape that's holding the eyes on currently .
when I'm done this I need to replace the high dollar gorilla tape that I replaced the crumbled cork handle with when I bought it. ( paid $25 for it and a squidder.) Is there a better cheap option to make do for a handle rather then use duct tape? Like I said it doesn't need to look pretty, just needs to function. Thanks y'all

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think of that. Do you glue the ends or anything to keep it in place? I might actually do that

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If this beater is going to sit in a car or back of truck in the sun for days at a time I would recommend 60 min epoxy. If not 5 min is all you need.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
We gotta do something about those eyes. Do you know how to wrap? I do have some thread in different sizes. Sold my Renzetti but I think I have a small wrapping jig. I have a dryer motor. You'll need epoxy. I can teach you to wrap, no problem. That would actually be the perfect rod to learn on.

Popular phrase....bring it to the shop. And we still have to build that 3 dollar sabiki rod.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We gotta do something about those eyes. Do you know how to wrap? I do have some thread in different sizes. Sold my Renzetti but I think I have a small wrapping jig. I have a dryer motor. You'll need epoxy. I can teach you to wrap, no problem. That would actually be the perfect rod to learn on.

Popular phrase....bring it to the shop. And we still have to build that 3 dollar sabiki rod.
I meant to ask when you were thinking you'd be around again? I'm home all day thursday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts