NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to put the new (to me) boat in and check out that new river. Put in at the landing behind the USO, nice landing furnished by the wildlife service, launch was uneventfull, nice senic cruise, checked out a few points on both sides , saw a few fish on the fish finder but no bites. cruised on down to Sneads Ferry and tried around the high bridge (hwy 172 I think). Several other boats in the area but nobody was doing anything special. Went back up river trying a few points on both sides again. Caught and realeased a bunch of smalish spots. All in all it was a fine day on the water, lacking only some fish for super.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'm giving it up this weekend in hopes of getting some time off around next weekend. This was supposed to be a good one if the weather wasn't a problem. Dirty water don't fit my agenda. A little wind and rain are to be expected now and then, but dirty water kills my soul. Cape Romain looked nice but I found out they don't allow camping and with a 61/2' tide I might have a rough time with an unfamiliar place and a loaded kayak. Maybe someday...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.