NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. My name is Tom Carpenter. I'm origanally from Kentucky. The Army brought me here in 86 and after 10 years in the 82nd I made Carolina my permanent home. I'm trying to spend more time these days on my favorite hobbies Hunting and Fishing. I just picked up a kayak and I could use some help on how and where to. I'm also interested in learning fly fishing. So, if anyone has any advise on either , don't hold back. I look forward to the exchange of ideas with everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Hi Tom. Welcome to the site. And thank you for your service to our country. I'm glad you chose to call NC home! You won't regret it. I've lived here all my life, traveled all over the world and wouldn't live anywhere else. Captain Gary Dubiel over in Oriental would be a great contact on fly fishing on the coast. I'm sure there are others that can be recommended too, but Gary was an early member of our site and I've actually got a date lined up for my wife and I to fish with him in May. Another member of the site, Al Privette, also of Oriental, runs the Paddle Pamlico site. I think you've already seen he and Moseyak in the Kayak fishing forum.

Again welcome to the site and let me know if we can be of any help.
:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.