NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As many of you probably already know this has been a very busy fall for me. I just want to let everyone know what is going on and more or less vent a little. I feel that I am being pulled in 90 directions at once but it is all "good" stress (if there is such a thing).

I am set to graduate (if all goes right with exams) Dec 19 and I am hopefully closing on my house Dec 18. I am trying to buy a house in Zebulon. I didn't realize how many decisions and things need to get done but I am pulling every favor I have and think that if I can make it till the middle of January then I will be fine.

I am set to start my new job in public accounting on Jan 8. I am excited to be doing something that I have been trained to do but also nervous that I can pick things up quickly as I'm jumping right into busy season.

I am flying to CT to help a friend move back down to NC and am excited as he was/is one of my best fishing companions. I have told him about this site and he is excited to have regular internet as he can enjoy it as much as I have.

I am flying to Michigan to celebrate graduating and get a chance to allow my fiance to experience Christmas up there. I'll be there from Dec 21-30.

I've had a friend explain that there are only a handfull of "extreme" stressful events being: a death, a birth, buying a house, starting a new job, and getting married. (I'm sure there are a couple of others) So far the only thing missing from my list is a death. I pray that I do not need to add that.

I am living off of the motto: if your gonna go, go all out.

Again, I appreciate this site and all who are here. What a great way for people with similiar tastes to communicate. I have been trying to keep up with everyone but also keep my sanity. Thanks again for letting me vent!

Hope everyone has been good and that Santa brings them what they want. Have a Merry Christmas if I am unable to post anything before then.

David

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
David you are taking life head on like a true warrior! I'm sure you will endure. If any assistance is needed let me know! I'm up that way all the time. And remeber when the stress of life gets to you, dont take it out on the ones you love... GO FISHING!!!!

Reactions: wolfpackcpa

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
David---When the going gets tough--The tough get going-- It appears that you are TOUGH! Have a Merry Christmas-- Congrats on your graduation and home purchase.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I've had a friend explain that there are only a handfull of "extreme" stressful events being: a death, a birth, buying a house, starting a new job, and getting married. (I'm sure there are a couple of others) So far the only thing missing from my list is a death. I pray that I do not need to add that.
I survived the same set in 1995, with the mitigations that my job change was internal to my company and instead of a birth, I adopted my wife's daughter. Have faith that you'll make it through to the other side. The water is indeed calmer once you get through the storm.

Reactions: wolfpackcpa

·
Registered
616 Posts
You need to add "having a kid" to that list, as I am quickly finding out. I don't remember too much about buying my first house...well, with the exception of all them zeros! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but you will do just fine. Good luck and have a great holiday!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Greg, good news is.... by the spring spawn, Liam will sleep through the night!! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the support! I think that we (my fiance and I) will be just fine. Just taking it day by day. Without family down here, it is nice to see so many friends to take up the slack.

Thanks again,

Now let's get back to fishing!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.