NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been loosely associated with the Tackle Industry for several years, I recall reading an article in Fishing Tackle Retailer magazine a few years back that listed the percentage that different countries contribute to our fishing tackle imports. I was amazed but not totally surprized that they stated that China is responsible for over 83% of the tackle imported to the US. Also, that Japanese Manufacturers are increasingly using Chinese manufacturers in order to compete in the market. I just read that over 50% of the Japanese Manufactured product orginates from China or other Asian countries. I do believe that there are some very good tackle products being produced in China but what if you wanted to Buy American. Other than Falcon Rods and G Loomis (which is now owned by Shimano) I can't think of any tackle product that is Made in America. Can anyone direct me to other American Made products? Is the Tackle Industry totally lost to imports?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Loomis Composits/ Talon, most of St. Croix, Burkenhiemer, CUI and a few others. As far as guides go there are probably some guys making snake guides and I'm not for sure if REC is making their components here.
One question comes to mind, is a person willing to pay the price for tackle made here?

·
Registered
330 Posts
What if they're made in the U.S.A but put together by undocumented insurgents?
as this is a growing trend !!!

Daniel Boone builds fine hand crafted flyrods right here in North Carolina ,using St croix, sage and loomis blanks, but I do swear by fuji single foot guides.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Penn will proabably move all it's manufacturing to China now since it was sold to AMF this past week according to a factory rep.
The majority of your soft plastics are still made in the USA. Bill Lewis, Manns, some of Lure Jensens,Strike king and Hildenbrant are also made in the USA that I am sure of.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't really decided yet but prabably not. I have been to ICAST and a couple of others. Kinda disenchanted with the way Henry's is conducting business now can find better deals other places. Two of the Big box stores sells the same items in their catalogs for what Henry's sells it to us for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.