NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k another area i am not familiar with. anyone know anything to tell me about bass fishing putting in at the 45 bride. which is over the roanoak and i have the option of running anywhere whether it be chowan or edenton. i have a 18 ft skeeter and 175 on back so i dont mind running. anything would be nice i have fished chowan below virginia border but i will be prefishing. thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are putting in at the 45 bridge you would be best to run up the cashie river to San Souci Ferry for some good fishing. Spring is also good right there at the mouth of both the cashie and the Roanoke. There is no need to run up the Chowan just to catch 50 13" fish. The larger fish are in the Cashie or Roanoke right there not too far from the ramp. The big stump fields and cypress groves out at the mouths of those rivers are always good right now. Last year a buddy caught a 6.5# on a beetle spin fishing for pearch. My favorite lure out there is a SWL spinnerbait, since I can play with the blades to get the size right for the shiner or threadfins, generally a tandem with a gold willow will work great as there is always wind out there. You can get the SWL spinnerbaits and kits from Spinnerbaits by Secret Weapon Lures Good luck and let me know how you do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.