NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone interested in starting a christian outdoorsmen fellowship please either PM me or email me at [email protected]. Let me know where you're located and your thoughts on this subject. This is not just for guys that like to fish but for most any outdoors activity such as hunting, camping, etc.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your answer all of the above is correct. Like I've said, this is not just about fishing or exclusively for fishermen. I want to include men who love to hunt, camp or other types of outdoor activities. The main purpose is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to men who do not know him as their Lord and Savior. The vehicle for this is the Great Outdoors that we all enjoy and the activities that we participate in.

Thank you for your questions and interest. I will stay in touch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great Idea. I am interested as well. I have taken youth groups to Caswell many times and set up a few trips for the men of our church as well. Fort Caswell is a great place to get away from the world for a day or two and the fishing isn't bad either. For those who own a kayak or a boat they have a marina on site. It is the only place I have been to that you don't have to lockup everything like Fort Knox.
On another note I shoot sporting clays and would be willing to setup something for anyone wanting to try it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aquaflow, That is awesome news and I really appreciate the offer to help. I can just see the Lord working already. I will definitely stay in touch and we'll get something going.

Guys, I appreciate all the interest and I am praying that it will just continue. Please start praying for this effort and ask the Lord to bless it and lead it according to His perfect will.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. Fishing is about the extent of my outdoor activities. I wanted to start a mens group back in Florida called CAST (Christian Anglers Serving Together). It would be part mens fellowship and Bible study....but the other side was to set up a booth or tent at Fishing Tournaments (and hold tournaments). As a tournament angler, many times Day 2 or 3 of a tournament might be on Sunday. Then I did some research found information on the Fishers of Men group. They have taken that idea to a whole new level.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it's been a while since I posted anything about this but that doesn't mean things haven't been going on. Believe me, this may take a while to get started but we'll just trust the Lord to lead us and then we'll be on time. There are discussions going on now about how to organize and the direction to go in. Please, I am requesting each person that replied, and those that may not have replied, to pray for this undertaking. Please pray also for me in this venture. Please pray that God will reveal His perfect will for this project.

Thanks and good fishn everyone

·
Registered
6 Posts
awesome idea, as christian men, we are the spiritual leaders of our homes and families.... i am our church brotherhood president, having an outreach like that would be a great way to reach out to unsaved and saved men. us men arent like women. women can talk to each other about things, we dont reach out to each other the same way. you do have a vision, and as long as you keep the lord first then everything will work out in GOD'S time. well GOD BLESS YOU.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.