NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished the tuck on Christmas eve and was suprised to have the entire delayed harvest stretch to myself. water was high but clear and fished acted kind of strange. They would hit the orange strike indicator like a dry fly and had 3 fish actually strike the no.1 size dinsmore shot I was using for weight and rip it off the leader. took it as a sign and used a size 14 caddis pupae as a dropper. below a size 10 wooly booger. caught many after that to the point it was kind of predictable, so I switched to a size16 pmd . caught many on that also. on Christmas Day fished the Laurel and had it to myself also. the Snow didn't seem to bother the fish but they wanted it slow and right on top of their noses. saw a decent brown around 22 inches and he must have been pretty educated. he snubbed everything. couldn't complain though. any day on the water is a gift from God:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.