NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Well, at my Mom n Dads Monday we are going to do Christmas. So we are having smoked ham ( my fav!) potato salad (moms of course) Greenbean cass., Fried/candied sweet potatoes.The usual sides, corn , yeast rools etc. and pecan pie !!
Christmas day will be at the inlaws, Turkey, corned ham, oyster dressing, shrimp, mashed potatoes w/giblet gravy, rolls and at least choc pie, pecan pie....
*******************BURPPP******************:D:eek: 'scuse me!

·
Registered
575 Posts
What's gonna be on my plate for Christmas?: To Much! Big dinner with my mom in Charlotte on Monday. Big dinner with Mrs. Muddy's mom on Tuesday in Mt. Gilead. Big dinner with my Aunt and mom's whole side of the family on Wednesday in Elizabethtown.:eek: Mmmm! Good eatin, but can you say Zantac and Tums!:D

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Well we did the family dinner yesterday, 9 adults and three young'uns. Cooked a 9 lb Rib-eye beef roast, macaroni and cheese, dilly bread, 7-up jello salad, corn, roasted red potatoes, cranberry sauce, beef gravy and pickled peaches. For desert apple pie and cherry pie.

Smoking and partially cooking 8 racks of ribs today so that on Christmas morning all I will have to do is put them in the slow roaster for 3 hours with some BBQ sauce. Make cole slaw, bread, pasta salad. For desert my wife is making a pig-pickin cake. The minister and his wife will be joining us for dinner.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
christmas with family:rolleyes: rather beat my head aganist the wall.. but i will be a bit buzy as a family thing early, than a trip to yadkinville,followed by a trip to winston.. i may not make home from winston the 25th..:D

i know whats on tap at moms but i'll probly miss it. since the yadkinville hawty is cooking dinner..;)

but you all know me i'll get all the left overs from mom's cooking next week..

zooker

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I am glad to hear or see no one is having ham shadow and rice. We have so much to be thankfull for.
Amen to that.

Its crab soup & DIY sandwiches on Christmas Eve, then prime rib roast, yorkshire pudding & lots of "etc..." on Christmas day. We tinker with some of the "etc..." but mostly its the same story for as long as I can remember. My brother added a chocolate pecan pie to the list a couple years ago (I hope that one sticks around a while longer:D). We're going to try a switch from sweet potato casserole to garlic mashed potatoes this year - will be hunting the net later for recipe inspiration...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We had venison neck roast for Xmas dinner. Was enough to feed 11 of us.

after 4 gallons of egg nog, 2 choco puddin pies, 8 packs of venison steaks, BBq chicken and grill'd chops and one week's worth of hot fudge sunday nights, nibblin on 10 lbs of venison summer sausage and chocolate chip pancakes/waffles and 2 lbs of bacon every morning w/fried eggs...... whoo... you could say we pack'd it on a little.. :eek:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Geesh Dave , thats enough food to even make ME blush!!!!...LOL!!! Guess you'll be ready for some lemonade cake by FEB??

Reactions: Dave B.
G

·
had a decient ham from the food chain store... will be looking into getting a smoked ham from a better source, so any recomendations would be appreciated... Yams, smashed potatoes w/garlic+chives, asparagus, and my very pregnant daughter was craving dressing, so that too.
now that we're Carolinians, my wife made a pretty good BBQ beef brisket (1st time) the following Sat. i'll have to give it a go next time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.