NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled out of Dale Earnhardt Chevy yesterday in a 2008 Trailblazer SS with 8 miles on the odometer. Been thinking about this for some time. Man, what a blast to drive. Handling, power, and room for the kids. Even a heavy duty hitch for towing those all important fishing vesels. Just thought I would share my treat to myself.:D Merry Christmas all.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Merry Christmas to you Crummy! Cant wait to see some pics of the new sleigh!!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Sorry to say, no. Something had to go.
Too bad - that one was a good story. But you're trading 11 year-old parts for 11 years worth of technology. Plus the SS badge automatically makes you the Alpha male of soccer dads - vroom!:). (has soccer made it to the hills?)

We picked up a new toy last week - Canyon Crew cab. Added a hitch & linex to give it a little bit of fishing vehicle capability. Looking at a rack system for kayaks. I'm trying to hang on to my '00 Silverado and extend its life by rotating vehicles. The driveway shuffle & squeeze is already getting old, but we've got driving aged kids just around the corner, so more cars is the reality here (along with scratched cars, crashed cars, enormous insurance bills, etc...:( But it will get me out of the carpool business:D).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad - that one was a good story. But you're trading 11 year-old parts for 11 years worth of technology. Plus the SS badge automatically makes you the Alpha male of soccer dads - vroom!:). (has soccer made it to the hills?)

We picked up a new toy last week - Canyon Crew cab. Added a hitch & linex to give it a little bit of fishing vehicle capability. Looking at a rack system for kayaks. I'm trying to hang on to my '00 Silverado and extend its life by rotating vehicles. The driveway shuffle & squeeze is already getting old, but we've got driving aged kids just around the corner, so more cars is the reality here (along with scratched cars, crashed cars, enormous insurance bills, etc...:( But it will get me out of the carpool business:D).
Soccer? Are you kidding me? It's year round here. Psssst....the SS has the ball pump in the rear cargo area.:D I like the crew cab Canyon's myself. I considered that. Lol, teenagers, I don't even want to think about that right now.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I looked hard at the Canyons but just couldnt swing new truck pricing and couldnt find a used one I liked at a fair price so I went with the '04 Siverado LS XCab.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lookin good!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.