NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be fun to see how many Christmas shows everyone remembers from the past. I'll start it off with one I really enjoyed.
California Raisins Christmas

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Grinch! Still watch it on DVD every year. It don't seem like Christmas until he saves Max and the sleigh and his heart grows ten time it's size.

Reactions: dbeam and GreyGhost

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
We also watch Rudolf the red nose reindeer with Burl Ives every Christmas.

Have to be careful letting kids watch this one. Some of the characters are wearing little toy guns.....which we all know leads to violence:rolleyes:.

Just watched A Charlie Brown Christmas with the seven year old, now he wants a beagle.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
"Year Without a Santa Claus" for the Miser brothers' songs
"Annabelle's Wish" is one of my favorites

I watched Rudolph when it was brand new. We also had to watch Red Skelton's Freddie the Freeloader Christmas show every year.

Remember when they came on the major networks and only once? People would schedule parties around them, either avoiding the time slot or starting earlier and having a TV on. Back then, the networks were even somewhat cooperatively competitive and usually did not go head to head with similar shows. So you could watch pretty much all of the specials.

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also watched Red Skelton Christmas show with my grand father. I also remember that all shows went off the air every night and you had that off the air symble on your tv until the next morning.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: dbeam and papadave

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Its not Christmas until Ralphie shoots his eye out (Christmas Story) and Uncle Eddie shows up (National Lampoons Christmas).

Merry Christmas NCAngler.

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.