NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only 59 days until Christmas who has consulted with the Tackle Monkey and decided what they will be hinting for for the next 2 months??

Here is my short list.....

*Garmin 160c or similar color depthfinder. ( Told the wife to tell the inlaws they can just pool their cash and give me a check!!..LOL!!)

*Gift certificates for Cabelas, Bass pro, Amazon, Wallyworld.

*Thermals or Carhartt clothing. (gonna try my first time at winter fishing this year)

I guess that along with the usuals. Clothing,Cologne will give them enough to choose from..LOL!

And YES I remember the true meaning of Christmas.... But while folks are giving I might as well get inline!!..LOL!!!

*** On a side note. Here is what I have learned in my life about gifts for wives/girlfriends...

* When you dont have any specific idea what to buy, I have found that useful "Goody bags" are well received. Hair, skin, nail care products and such in a nice gift bag. To see what she uses all you have to do is raid the bathroom and her makeup/carry bags.. Spa trips are nice too but only if she can carry a friend so keep that in $$$ mind. Kinda like having one ticket to the Superbowl, you'll go but it isn't as much fun!!

* Dont try to buy shoes/clothing.. chances are either by style or fit you will fail! Buy gift certificates to her favorite stores instead and add a coupon for either "Mommy time" where you keep the kids if you have them or "Quiet Servitude" where you offer to drive and carry everything for her without negative comment or opinion no matter how long or how many stores it takes.... if she has a best friend it is good to team up with her friends Hubby/boyfriend and buy matching cards so they can go together and get you off the hook.!!

* Household items are only gifts if SPECIFICALLY requested!!! No vaccuums.toasters, irons etc. Men like tools, women see tools as a demand for services not a gift...

* Whatever you choose keep the receipt!! She may get something she wishes she could complete and can return something you gave her to do it. Shoes, purses etc. Instead of the $50 perfume she doesnt like or the wrong color coat for her new outfit her sister gave her etc....

* Dont buy her someting because you want it... Did she ASK for a 52" Plasma TV??

* Dont try to force your hobby on her. Buying here a nice Shimano combo isnt going to make her love to go fishing... If she likes fishing, you already know it and then go for it!!!:D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
drop
i have found that a certificate to a day spa to be the best recieved gift by a female. letting them be pampered and waited on -they love this stuff-

though i must admit i have been SEEN in several jewlery shops lately.

zooker

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Don't forget to add items from the NC Angler store (like all those cool Blue Water Candy lures) to your list or better yet have her get you a gift certificate from the eStore then you can get choose the colors and products! We are planning some more additions to the line-up so keep checking.

The sales from the NCA eStore help support the rising cost of maintaining this site, thus keeping the site free of charge to users!

We appreciate your support!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice plug TA!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'll let ya'll know about the goods I get from buying my wife a nice little ring when it gets here. I bought her a "football widows" ring before she kills me for all the time I spend at football practice, games, meetings and sneaking out fishing. It was from the jewelry network on dishnet but they have a webpage that they sell stuff at. It should be here in the next few days and I'll let ya'll know if it's good or not.

Reactions: sundrop and zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
47 DAYS............:eek:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
oh geeezzz rub it in will ya... i got 10 sweat shirts to buy yet for my ladies at work.. all of my personal gifts are wrapped and in a box at my mom's house..-except for mom's thats at my lil sister house..

zooker

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Now who's rubbin' it in...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hey Drop, you haven't tried winter fishing? That's one of the best times to go. Do not skimp on outerwear. Get something with Gortex. Also have a nice rainsuit on hand. Winter wind is your worst enemy. Stop the wind and you will be warm. Other things like masks, gloves, and hoods. One other thing, WARM boots. Good luck man. Winter gear can be pricey, but worth every dime when it counts.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Alright fellas..the items from the jewelry channel turned out to be nice for a decent price. They provide free resizing (rings) for 2 sizes up or down from the size 7 they sell. Just be sure to pay attention to the size of the item. It may be small or it may be big. The site for the jewelry channel is Welcome To The Jewelry Channel

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
No. But you can get her the fisher girl reel from shakespeare!:D Just don't look mad when you are getting heckled for fishing with it later.:eek::)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.