NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a citation shellcracker. :D Just looked at NCWRC and citation is 1 lb. Fished weighed 1 lb 1/32........how did I come up with that weight??....My dang scale was set on kilograms and I couldn't get it to change. weighed .47 kilogram ..that converted to lbs equals 1 lb 1/32. Caught on kalin acid rain curlytail. Pic to come tonight. :D

ND, don't hate......you are only behind me like the difference between Peyton Manning and Kurt Cousins:D

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I had a scale once that for the life of me I couldn't get it convert back to regular pounds/oz....I used an app on my phone while I was out on my yak to convert fish when I caught them.

Nice cracker Mack....how long was it? Around 12" I'm guessing. I'm really looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here it is.....red ear does not show up but trust me the red was there ..dont know why maybe the light or something.

I also have to Give Heavyfoot props for puttig me on the acid rain grub. I get the heads and the dark ones from Monks Crappie.

also caught 15 or so crappie, 2 channel cats, 2 bass-1 small and 1 4lber

Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Ray-finned fish
Eye Bait Fishing bait Fish hook Fish
Insect Arthropod Finger Organism Larva

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Nice. The red might've been there but I've caught tons without the red. Without the red they're still characterized by the whitish outline around the ear tab.

Those heads you speak of remind me of my favorite heads for grubs that size. Check these out....I've had lots of luck with these. I like the midnight black. Couple that with a baby bass colored grub (I like paddle tails) and you've got smallmouth cocaine (or anything else for that matter)....

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you go?
I cant tell ya, not because i dont like you cause I do, If i told ya I would have to make you disappear and good fishin buds are hard to find. Its for the best.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice shellcracker. Did he put up as good a fight as I suspect he did, Mack?

Jim
Hello Jim....she did put up a great fight. I catch right many channel cats here on lures and at first I thought this was a 3-4 lb channel cat. after a few sideways runs I realized it was ......Mack

Reactions: wademaster
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.