NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our next Fundamentals of Fly Fishing class is scheduled for this Sat. Feb 14 from 2-5:30. Cost is $35. No equipment is needed....just call or email the store to register. We'll discuss tackle, rigging, basic knots and simple connections. tactics and technique, flies, casting principles, important accessories, where to fish etc. and work to answer any questions. Weather permitting, we will spend an hour or so outside casting.

Another class is scheduled for Feb 28.

If you have a friend or two that is interested, I'm happy to schedule these classes on Wed. or Friday evenings, especially when the days get longer.

In addition:

I offer one hour casting classes with individuals whenever you want to try and schedule...$15.

Our On-Stream Fly Fishing Clinics are offered on Sun. and Mondays in the mountains for 1 or 2 anglers (spouse or friend) when you schedule those. Half day clinic is $150 for 1 person

Saltwater Fly Fishing and Casting....

Floating and Fishing for Smallmouth....

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife and I just got a few acres in Wilkes county on a river. I hope this summer to meet you and get in a class so I have a clue what I'm doing. I was practicing in my yard, and hung a fly on my 20 meter ham radio antenna :eek: Not good when hobbies collide! I'll need a wide river to stand a chance :p

Peter

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and now it begins...

a few acres in Wilkes county on a river....
Oh oh....this could lead to a serious interest in fly fishing. Happy to assist anytime....even in the store. It's not at all unusual to hold a "spur of the moment" roll casting class down the center aisle of the store... Ceiling and clothes racks do a pretty good job of simulating trees and bushes on the stream. Stop in any time. A lot of folks are often surprised to see what can be done with a 9 foot rod on a small piece of stream...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another class is scheduled for Feb 28
Deadline to register for this class is Wed. the 25th....COB

March is the month for all the outside classes offered by the store. I don't anticipate doing outside classes in April or early May. So, if a casting class or on-stream clinic is of interest...schedule it during March.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.