NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to fish at Tomahawk some 15 yrs ago or so and at that time it was restricted to natural baits only. It became one of the NCWRC "Places to Fish", and it has been discussed on here a few times. I have seen several people post that it was still restricted to natural bait as well as reading SRTom post about his son confiscating his nice flyrod to continue the assault on stunted crappie and gills with flies.

It looked like we might be making a trip that way next week so figuring it would be a good place to let a young'un harass a few bream I sent an email to Casey Conner with the city of Black Mountain and got the following response about the lake. Our trip up that way didn't come to pass but I thought I would share what I learned.

"Lake Tomahawk. It is one of our nicest parks. All NC fishing regulations apply to fishing at Lake Tomahawk. We have no further restrictions than the state rules. "

Thank you

Casey ConnerRecreation and Parks Director
Town of Black Mountain
828-669-2052 TDD 1-800-735-2962
[email protected]

I thanked her for the reply and told her I would post it as sent so the confusion could be lessened about the lake.

Darrell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.