NC Angler Forums banner

Coastal Riverside Campground, Beaufort/Otway???

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Scott Hobbs 
#1 ·
Planning a trip with the family in mid-May and I've been looking at Coastal Riverside Campground(http://www.coastalriverside.com/) as a possible place to park the little camper for a week. The rates look reasonable and from a couple reviews I've found it sounds like a decent place. I had intended to do a short scouting trip down that way to check it out before committing the family for a week but it doesn't look as though that's gonna be possible.

Any of you folks familiar with the place? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Yeah, we were there in June 2009.

Nice facilities.... Good boat launch

95%+ seasonal campers then. There were like two open spots.

They let us tent camp in an open field near the boat launch.

No problems with other campers. Good owners. At the time, though, the owners were feuding with DNR because enforcement agents were using his launch without permission, zooming through the campground, and leaving the gate open. He banned them, and they responded by marking that section as no harvest for shellfish, and checking every boat that left the ramp. I assume that has been resolved since then.

Of course, all my info is 5 years out of date.

Reactions: papadave
#6 ·
That's all I need to hear! Thanks fellers! Reservations made.
I was hoping to scout this out for a possible M&G in the future ... evidently that's already been done!(I need to study up on my RedX history).

#8 ·
There's some good looking yak water right near the campground. And it's not far from Morehead or Beaufort for larger boats or ocean pier fishing. Give us the official PapaDave report when you go.

#9 ·
Will do H. Gonna leave the SeaArk at home and bring the new-to-me Tarpon 120 instead. I'll report on the area, and maybe a fish picture or 2(if I can find someone who has caught a fish to take a picture of).

Reactions: h2ohhh
#12 ·
Thanks! They do have a few sites with power, water, cable and the campground has wi-fi. We got one of those booked. They don't have sewer at each site but have a dump station.

Cedar Point is a great place to camp, and we usually do a week or 2 there a year:).

#13 ·
Great quiet setting here at the campground. No electricity for tents but If you get close to the big red building you can run a drop cord. Inside the red building is a game room with an air conditioner, bathroom, pool table, other games, books, TV and an Air conditioner...:) There is a common bath ouse, shower and stuff.

There is a long pier for fishing and casting a cast net for bait. Shallow water abounds in this area. The boat ramp is concrete but will accommodate small craft until high tide. Don't expect to launch a boat much bigger than a skiff and at high tide. Yaks and canoes are great in this area.

Plus side the owners are very nice and accommodating. We had a big thunder storm roll thru one afternoon and lots of tents got soaked with all the blankets and sleeping bags. Hung them out to dry and even slept in the game room where the Air Conditioner was at...yes I did.

BigLen, this is the time we took a couple over the bow trying to get out of Beaufort Inlet. Rough day for sure to get out for us.

Plant Map Land lot Urban design Landscape

#14 ·
Scott I know you and I didnt make it out the inlet either on one trip. I remember that place being quiet and peaceful but I drove down for the day, not camped.

Reactions: papadave
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.