NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to head down to the coast? Most places from Kure to TI are looking like low 60's and negligible wind. I usually try to get on the road by 5-5:30 from Raleigh. Anybody Interested? It will certainly beat a frustrating Sat. at the mall!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Tempting!
Let me check with the rest of the household...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Looks like I'm in. Where do you want to rendezvous, ScooterI?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well, down your way, we can hit the Fort, or Myrtle Grove Sound or I have been wanting to try the river, near CB State Park. Have you fished there yet?
I paddled around there with my girlfriend but haven't gotten to fish there yet. I have only got to fish once and that was out of Ft. Fisher. and I did pretty good. I am willing to fish anywhere you guys want.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have only got to fish once and that was out of Ft. Fisher. and I did pretty good.
Pretty good you say? Don't I remember something about 7 reds your first time out? Is that right? We want you to come along and show us something! :D

"productive" as in "more fish", or easier to launch and land a group?
I think both.

What about 5:30 at Bojangles? I can drive- Got a new chariot. Only problem is 2 yaks. waddaya think?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Temp going up; high of 64. Unfortunately, wind seems to be inching up as well. 8 mph out the NE. Low tide at Southport is ~ 7:30, which means low tide inside is about 9:30 -10. High tide at Southport is 1:30, which means inside high tide is about 3:30 -4. I think?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
What about 5:30 at Bojangles? I can drive- Got a new chariot. Only problem is 2 yaks. waddaya think?
Bo's at Exit 312? I can do that...
If your new chariot isn't up to two yaks, I can put two on my Saturn... I picked up a pair of J-cradles on sale and with a 20% coupon...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yeah, more productive as everyone can spread out more. If the wind gets too bad from the NE we could do Wrightsville.
The tide inside would be high around 3:00 probably, it may be even later if the wind is from the N at 15 mph. I've seen it as far behind as 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Wish I could hook up with you guys. My honey do list got really long during football season. Still trying to play catch up.:(

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yup -- Scooter and I are looking at arriving at the launch beside the boat ramp at Ft Fisher, between 0730 and 0800 tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.