NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three weeks on the road, I finally got a little time for fishing. Tadpole1 and I headed to Sanford to pick up my boat after it's service and new prop installation and we just had to make sure she was running smooth. So, headed over to Jordan for some Cold Weather Crappie action. We fished for a few hours around the 64 bridge bouncing large minnows off the bottom on double Crappie Rigs. With water temps barely 45 degrees the bite is soft and strike were often only detected by lifting the rod softly off the bottom. We caught a bunch of fish to include White Bass and Catfish. Ended up with 15 keepers in the 12 inch range. I don't think the air temp ever got above 35. We did mark some schools of Stripers on the way out but by that frozen toes dictated that we headed to the boat ramp. I think Tadpole thoroughly enjoyed his 40mhp boat ride in 30 degree temps.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice way to freeze ya butts off!!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
one word for Jim "BALACLAVA" ;):) he heh ehe..

Ya man,, surely cold for sure! You boys did great!!!! Awsome job and awsome report Backlash and Jim! ;)

Hey,, was Junkie out there today??

Jim, were yer ear's burnin?? We were talkin 'bout ya today.... :eek::D;)

BL, how you likin that new boat there?? sure looks nice! ;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Dave - Lovin the boat. Just had the prop changed out at Chatlee to get some more RPMs out the engine. I had Jim convinced that we would catch some fish but it was really just an excuse to get on the lake and see how fast the boat would go.

I didn't see Junkie. Except for three other boats, we were pretty much alone.

My next purchase to deal with the wind.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hey Dave - Lovin the boat. Just had the prop changed out at Chatlee to get some more RPMs out the engine. I had Jim convinced that we would catch some fish but it was really just an excuse to get on the lake and see how fast the boat would go.

I didn't see Junkie. Except for three other boats, we were pretty much alone.

My next purchase to deal with the wind.
Roger that! done that myself...

Hey, if I knew a clown mask would protect my face and keep me warm.. they could laugh all day at me... I'd wear it! he he he he..... Get Jim out there when it's rainin on a hot day and hit the throttle ;):eek: When I had my jet boat, I took a june bug to the eye brow at about 50 somethin.. left a nifty bruise/welt.. Would've been nice to of had a helmet or motoX mask! ;) I knew it was a june bug, cause half of it was stuck in my eye brow...

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jim's a Trooper when it comes to fishin. He has nearly been washed out of the Cape Fear by a container ship, fished hard for two days straight in a downpour, and nearly frozen while fishing with me, and he keeps coming back for more.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ya'll should know by now that if im not on the water then the fish have just about shut down.. naw really i have been on first shift for a short while and also had the flu the last week so i hadnt been ablt ot do any fishing. :( man this sucks

·
Registered
664 Posts
What - you had a Jordan bridge all to yourself? Must have been cold if the regular "campers" stayed home. Way to get out and remind those crappie which end of the line they belong on!
Jeff I think it was the 64 bridge we fished and it was with only 3 other boats. I agree with you, it was too cold for sensible people to fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.