NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on trying Harris or Jordan tomorrow after the nasty cold front tonight. Supposed to be near 40 and warm up to the mid to high 60's. Typically fishing is supposed to be tough. Any suggestions or techniques anyone has?? I always heard work slow, and try to find bass deep. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I think the fish will probably be suspended in there normal transition areas.

I really have no suggestions on what to throw. Maybe verticle jigging spoons on top of fish marked. Crankbaits, Rat-L-traps, A rigs if you like em(I don't)

Treat it like any other day, because that is what it is. It can be really good or not.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
I have typically found them close to their normal places but just have to get tighter into whatever they are holding to, and make tight casts (ie, covering water with casts closer together thinking in terms of a tighter strike zone). In wood cover for me, it translates to multiple casts into the same laydown from different angles and really 'shakin it at them' so to speak.

Then again, I hear stories about people just covering lots of water with moving baits looking for those fewer but still present fish that are feeding. Ask Kevin Van Dam, he'd tell ya rip a spinner bait through as much 'good water' as you can! ;) But then when I try to do it the way he does it, things don't turn out with the same results.

Reactions: jparker80

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sam, I'll take your word for it. Every day I see you on here with fish haha. As far as KVD, that guy is just gifted. I watch him in total disgust an wonder what the heck he does better than me. I guess that's why fishing is just a hobby for me and a profession for him. Anyways I appreciate the advice!

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Sam, I'll take your word for it. Every day I see you on here with fish haha. As far as KVD, that guy is just gifted. I watch him in total disgust an wonder what the heck he does better than me. I guess that's why fishing is just a hobby for me and a profession for him. Anyways I appreciate the advice!
I really appreciate your confidence, but you'd have a more accurate viewpoint if I took pictures of empty water and posted images of clouds and herons for every hour I'd spent NOT being able to find or catch fish. ;)

Andrew and I are going to try to find some post-post-cold front fish tomorrow, hopefully I can put my own advice to use. Good luck to you sir, I hope you slay 'em!

Reactions: jparker80

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I dont believe cold fronts keep the fish from eating, fishermen just think they do because they move when the conditions change and dont bite at the usual stops on the fishermans milk run. I approach a post cold front day just like any other... find the fish and make them bite. I have had alot of great days after a cold front.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I dont believe cold fronts keep the fish from eating, fishermen just think they do because they move when the conditions change and dont bite at the usual stops on the fishermans milk run. I approach a post cold front day just like any other... find the fish and make them bite. I have had alot of great days after a cold front.
I agree with you, and Sam and I proved it today. I won't go into detail (it's all in the trip reports section) but we found active fish and wore them out this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I don't w try about high pressure, cold fronts etc if I have time to fish I fish. Winter time I tend to throw cranks more and spinners when breezy

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I agree with you, and Sam and I proved it today. I won't go into detail (it's all in the trip reports section) but we found active fish and wore them out this afternoon.
I believe they haul off the banks during a cold front, and that was the case there at SW Park. All the fish we caught were off shore, on points and humps. And boy, they were eating speedcraws like they were starving to death, lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.