NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gloves can I buy that are thin and flexible enought to fish with but will keep my hands warm, and not get soaking wet as well?

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Neoprene FISHING gloves like this pair from Shimano. They are a lot like the dive gloves Dave mentioned but they have a slit in the fore-finger and thumb. The slit allow the tips of the glove to be bent back and secured with velcro so that you can use your fingers to tie knots and put on bait without taking the whole glove off. They are awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Mike, I take it you've got a pair of the Shimano gloves? I know you'll work 'em hard, how long have you been using them?

(Can we twist your arm for a product review? "glove" gets no hits in the review section.... I'll see if I can't post the two pairs I've got...)

My biggest challenge in gloves is that my hands are not normal dimensions. When I close my fist, the measurement around the back of the knuckles puts me in a medium-sized glove, but when I lay my hand flat, the length of my fingers puts me in a small. I have a hard time finding something that'll stretch enough across the back of my hand without leaving gobs of material hanging off the ends of my fingertips.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Mike, I take it you've got a pair of the Shimano gloves? I know you'll work 'em hard, how long have you been using them?

(Can we twist your arm for a product review? "glove" gets no hits in the review section.... I'll see if I can't post the two pairs I've got...)
Yup - I have a pair that are broke in quite well. They are wonderful gloves and hold up to heavy use quite well. I've given a few pairs away to friends and guides - they usually are very appreciative. You are right - I should do a product review.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
There are hunting neoprene gloves for water fowel'rs (wet/cold conditions) Might be worth a look for ya Drop to check BassPro/Cabella's or local hunt shop.

I think someone mentioned it as well... Seal Skinz,, supposed to be tops.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you want to go cheap you can purchase a pair of winter golf gloves that are rubberized. My brother in-law gave me a pair for Christmas a few years ago and now I keep them in my off shore bag. They work great! I believe they are Wilson brand.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After reading these posts I went to Amazon and added Shimano gloves to my wish list hoping my computer savy wife might see them. LO and Behold, what does her best friend buy me for Christmas....

TADA!!!! Shimano fishing gloves! I LOVE them!!! They feel great, just gotta get em slimey now!!!!!!

Reactions: Jeffonc

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Guess I'll jump omn the band wagon. I bought a pair of Mad Dog Neoprene gloves a few years back. I never used them much until this year. I fished a couple of mornings when it was 28 degrees when left the boat ramp and fell in love with neoprene. I kept my gloves on all day while using a baitcaster, handling the boats steering , and handling fish and never did my hands feel cold. Difinately, one the best purchases that I have made.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Glad you got a pair for Christmas, Drop. I was in the Bass Pro shop in Savannah this week and saw they had the identical gloves but with their brand name on it for $5 less than the Shimano brand.

Didn't pick up any new gloves as mine are in good shape still (third season) but I did pick up a new boat bag and some more butterfly jigs with a gift card I received from my grandkids.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazon wishlist paid of with a nice boat bag from Boatersworld as well... I'm liking this new technology..LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.