NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past month I've been fishing for bass because I see people on here post I about catching good bass in the colder months. I only caught one and it was in shallow water when I was mainly practicing with my new rod and reel. Been using jigs, crawler, crank baits and swim baits. Dontnknow if I'm doing something wrong or what but what is everyone else using in the cold months?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally, I don't like fishing in cold weather or cold water but I hate NOT fishing even more. I mainly fish rivers and streams and my main winter lures are suspending jerk baits, slow rolled spinner baits, and jigs. I find that I have to be really, really patient which is not my strength.

Once I catch that first bass on a buzz bait, that's pretty much all I throw until the leaves start falling.

Tight Lines,
The General

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Winter is one of my favorite times to fish, it may be a little cold but usually the fish are worth the freeze to me, most I catch are solid fish with some big ones too. Many believe that slow and deep is the only way in the winter when the water is cold, you know throw your jig out in 30 feet of water and twitch it once every 20 minutes, if you dont get bit, wait longer for the next twitch... I cant fish that way, id die of bordom. I fish in the winter about the same way I would most other times of the year. I still fish pretty fast covering alot of water looking to trigger a reaction bite. Crankbaits are my weapon of choice with a jerkbait and jig also getting me some bites. Generally I am looking 10 ft or less, preferably in the warmest water I can find with deeper water nearby.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
I love fishing winter...especially February. I am not a slow fisher by any means and my catches typically come with jerk baits and crank baits...in that order. I do have long pauses in the cadence but I cover a lot of water while fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.