NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up their omni freeze hoping it would help out on nights like tonight. I just am not seeing or better yet feeling the coolness of the shirt. I bought a XXL is it possible it's to loose to work??? Does anyone have any secrets besides staying inside that will work

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It does need to be against your skin and wet/moist to work. But is it going to make a huge difference? Not really, more a slight comfort thing than really cooling you down.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The best thing I have found for staying cool outside is any form of cool damp cloth around the neck. It can range from a damp towel in the cooler ( I keep a few in the summer in the cooler) to those fancy new things that use chemistry and fabric to keep cooler. Cool the blood to the brain and the body thinks it is cooler.. Now humidity is another story and days/nights like these nothing fixes that feeling of breathing steam..

Reactions: Bruce

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think the shirts like that work better in the day when the sunlight and wind help the wicking/evaporation, which creates the cooling sensation. I got a PFG terminal tackle shirt earlier this year and have been pleased with it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A hot night is tough. The shirts really help me stay out in the sun. I've also started wearing a Buff or the Columbia neck gaiter, it gets me fishing instead of hunting for shade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts