NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sons out for red drum today. I been in N.C for four month now. We went to snow cut to see what happen. No fish:mad: The kids was not mad, they still had fun. And I was not mad too, I live 5 min from there.:) We used shrimp and live mullet, I hope that was good. Any good Info would be good.:)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
NOT SURE WHERE SNOWS CUT IS OR IF YOU HAVE A BOAT BUT THERE IS ALOT OF DRUM IN BOGUE INLET AREA AND THE HAYSTACKS AS WELL AS BEAR ISLAND AREA BUT YA GOTTA SEARCH FOR THEM SINCE THEY ARE FOLLOWING FOOD SOURCES RIGHT NOW.
QUEENS CREEK IS A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK AS WELL I PERSONALLY HAVE SEEN 3 GOOD SCHOOLS OF SLOT AND OVER SLOT AS WELL AS UNDER SLOT FISH BUT THEY ARE VERY SPOOKY IN THESE LOW WATERS AS OF YET SOON THEY WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THERE WILL BE NO STOPPING THEM WHEN THEY START.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To all thanks alot.:) Snow cut look real promising, but I could be wrong. I got a question about red drum?? I look in NC regulations 2007,2008 it said, Inland water red drum 1 limit per day. Is that consider all the sounds??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
YES INDEED AND THE SLOT SIZE IS 18 TO 27 ANY THING UNDER GOES BACK AND ANY THING OVER GOES BACK UNLESS YA WANT A HEALTHY FINE,1 PER DAY PER FISHERMAN ALSO ONE PER DAY OUTSIDE THE SOUNDS UNLESS YOUR A COMERCIAL FISHERMAN

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 on the jetty

Just make sure it isn't coming in on a high tide, falling is best or just starting to rise. If you are way down the jetty and the tide starts coming it you will need to head back some. The high tide washes over the jetty, you'll see where when yoy get there.

Careful..the rocks are slippery as crap when wet, experience talking here, checked it out at night once and it started raining not a good thing when you cannot half see what you are doing. Fianlly got off with scraped hands, busted bloody knees and plenty of scratches and scraps everywhere.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Thanks to everyone who all help me out and maybe others, who might be new to this game. What time do high time and low time start?
Normally there are 2 high tides and 2 low tides per day but those two cycles take about 25 hours (give or take 10 - 15 minutes), so the times change everyday. The times are also different by location. The cycles are predictable though, so there are published charts. Here's a link to an on line version.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Jigghead, I'm Glad that you and the kids are having a good time here in NC. AS Fishy Fishy said, Snow's Cut is really known for big Flounder a little later in the year. I will again echo Fishy's thoughts, If I were going to try for Drum this time of year, you may want to explore a little further south around Buzzard's Bay. Alot of Yakkers launch at there behind Fort Fisher and fish there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes you are in a good area with great fisherman, I chartered Fish Southport Tommy Rickman the first of March with my son (6'2" Little Kent) and we were very much pleased with the timing and the catch . Check out fishsouthport.com report for pictures. I have also used Cool Running for Flounder around the lower cape fear. These guides know what they are doing. Great guides will make your day worth while.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once again thank you, very much for those good info. Topsail I veiw that tide table thanks alot again. Fishingbear Im going to check out the Fishsouthport.com, when I get done texts this quick reply, thanks for looking out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.