NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently found my dream hat and have attached some of my homemade killers on it. Now, I figure all I have to do is to paddle my kayak out to one of those secret trout holes with my fly rod and ultra lite spinner wearing this hat with my dip net, then holler " Come out with your fins up". I figure all I'm gonna have to do is dip my limit out.:D --Check pics of the Ultimate Fishing Hat--

·
Registered
337 Posts
Are those Gummy Worms I see on the jig heads? Having not tried them, I still am not sure if the whole concept is just some inside joke and that I am about to look like the village idiot when I do cast with them. That realization will come today as I am heading for Wilmington and Wrightsville in about 10 minutes. I'll be trying my luck in Banks Channel and the Basin for some specs. I'll let you know if I have any success or if I am simply a rube! Either way, I plan on having a great day.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coach--- Ain't fishing fun. I reported in another post that the GUMMY WORMS have turned into a two headed monster for me. I've been snacking on them too much and I have become addicted to them, plus the seagulls are developing a taste for them down here. I now have to take two bags every time I go fishing and if demand keeps up, I may have to buy in bulk or start my own factory. Big problem is that I prefer to eat the same flavors the fish like. My Good Wife contends I've been spending too much time on the water alone, even questioned if had been drinking ocean water.:D I dunno, getting fish in the boat is what counts right now. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Nice hat Forrest! Hey you tie all those flys and what nots yourself? Cause if ya did - I'm worried that them fingers will be tired and you won't be able to pry open the cooler for them trout to hop into :D

I'm not worried 'bout no fishin' contest cause I have a new secret weapon of my own........ ;)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike --- Yep! I fixed them all but the two GUMMY WORMS-- Ain't worried-- Its whats under the hat thats gonna make the difference. :D :D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Forrest, do you really think we believe your wife would let you wear such a hat? That things too loud for Mardis Grais! You know how people talk about such things! You better let me clean the stuff off that hat or your neighbors will start calling you the dingbatter with the flower pot on his head. 'Course nobody's gonna be caught dead following you to a fishing hole. Maybe it IS a secret weapon!!??!! AL
JUST GOT REMINDED .....THATS A FLIER POIT!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al--- No problem with the dress code-- Always tell everyone that I'm not only old and ugly, but my wife dresses me funny too.:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
LMHO, I love the crab patterns on what looks to be the front of the hat, right next to the prerigged GUMMY-WORMS. My boy would get a kick out of that for sure. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.