NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but we're coming to the Harris, Jordan area soon and want to know where there is a good safe place to stay. Last trip down we stayed in Apex didn't care for that area and there was only one place to plug the boat in at night. We're thinking of Sanford? Thanks....Been watching this group for the last 4 years really enjoy all the pics and different ideas on how to catch bass.. nanuuk (ohio)

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I am guessing you meant the US 1 and NC 55 part of Apex; that is probably the closest motel to those lakes and not the best part of Apex (near the stinky natural gas terminal). If you got off US 1 a couple of exits sooner at Tryon/64, there are about 3 places to choose from and it is a good area.

EDIT - Sanford is nice also, but I don't know it as well and that takes you past the lakes a ways before you get to the business district.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Reactions: OptiMystic

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I 2nd the Holly Springs advice. and Hamptons typically have a good free breakfast and you can pack lunch from it too :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the quick reply's guys I'll look at all those areas and talk to my brother before we head down. We're planning on being there the 25th staying about 5 days hoping to fish both lakes but mainly Harris. FYI we did stay last time at US1 and 55. Have been to the Tackle Box great little store had a store like that myself years ago now work for Cabela's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.