Yes, use a q-tip or a old tooth brush with a tiny bit of WD-40, gently clean around as best you can. Then use a dry q-tip to remove any excess WD, then glop a little dielectric grease on the connector/pins and re-attach the cable.
I assume to warranty by offering this idea..LOL!! I would try some Naval Jelly with a Q-tip. I've done it on light sockets etc on antique cars and it has worked for me. White lithium grease is a good protectant afterwards.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.