NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out at 6:30 this morning with 2 other boats. Beautiful day, sunny, calm, almost no wind. But sadly, no kings either. Bait wasn't abundant either.

We checked the 1st and 3rd set of box cars (AR362 & AR368), Emery Ledge, 14 mile rock, 200/200, SE Rock to name a few. Basically covering ground from 8 - 20 miles out. No kings. The temps were around 68, within their range.

Oh well, was a great day on the water and did some bottom fishing and the hit a couple of trout spots on the way home. So at least there wasn't skunk on the boat :eek:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sometimes even when it looks perfect they just don't bite.... I guess the fluctuating weather and bouncing barometer is keeping them spooked....

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did ya try any bottom fishin?
Yes but with limited success - the bait just wasn't in the 60-80' bottom range, thus the game fish weren't either. No grouper, a few small BSB and grunts.

I later heard they were catching them much further south, around the Horseshoe area. But that is 65 miles by water from here.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmmm... I need to give you some grouper #'s for those kind of weather days..you could easily get to them with your boat.

No need to run to the HS from where you are, plenty of bottom dwellers in WB/TS area.
Wow - I look forward to those numbers!!!!! I'll happily share mine with you too - they are mainly along the 10 fathom line out to about 80' so they are only productive for part of the year.

But a point of clarification - The kings (and blackfin tuna) are at Horseshoe right now. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Mike and Randy, send me an email at [email protected]

Might have a couple for ya! ;)

if you guys have Garmin software (i.e. the Metro or hot spot fishing disk, it would be as simple as a file transfer to ya), if not, no big deal, I'll have to cut/paste.

Mike, pay attention (if you have the Garmin software of "snapper area") that's where I'd probably "look closely" at ;)

Whatdyado Randy, already fish them #'s out I gave ya! ha ha hah a :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.