NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't Sleep...Update....Report....Lost photos. ....

Well Guy's...it is now 1:23 a.m. After catching 5 nice bass last evening....and with a boat locked and Loaded for Cobia...Departing at 5:am...Couldn't Sleep anymore....Feeling Lucky....I shall report.
I thought as I got older the excitement would lesson....NOPE
. :)
I also thought I should come clean with N.C . Angler members...That Cobia should have got away....it jerked the rod Completly out of my hands....the rod was 2 feet and sinking when I grabbed it...Unreel...then on the way home a car pulled up next to us and informed us that we were losing cargo....well I had written off my cooler top and North Face jacket....I got back three things I should have lost...Sometimes luck is on your side.
Maybe I'll go buy a Lottery ticket.
One Happy and Very lucky Fishman...
Thanks N.C.Angler...for all the good people and information that made this trip possible.
Catmaster. :)

Update......Got one...Reel Tired.....and Reel Happy. :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Yall check out the omost got away part...
I have it on GoPro video...will share soon.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No...alot of Cobia are in the river now...we were in 21 foot of water...in the Channel...we couldn't find any menhaden...so we caught pin fish...hooked alive and Bam.

Reactions: drumfisher

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to put together a still shot sequence of the rod recovery....I am still waiting on YouTube to load the video.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got lucky to get my rod back....and land the fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts