NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to Topsail in mid September. Gonna be mostly pier fishing. Usually we do a trip to Lake Mattamusket for crabbing, but didnt get to do that this year. One of my buddies would like to work some crabbing into this fishing trip.

Anybody have any info on some good spots to crab at Topsail Island? We know how to crab, just need some helpful hints on some spots. I should mention that we do not have a boat. Anything you can share is appreciated.

See you on the water.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There is a free fishing pier in Surf City just after you cross the 210 bridge on the right. I would imagine you could drop some pots from it. I don't think it gets used much. I would also swing by East Coast Sports while I was there. They would probably know a few spots.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
There is a wooden bridge over the marsh behind the IGA that people crab from. Also there is a long pier behind the basketball courts at the park as you head south that ends up way back in the marsh. Good Luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Good information that will surely help us get started. If you have a minute, refresh my memory on the location of the IGA

Thanks Guys!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
IGA
106 S Topsail Dr, Surf City, NC 28445
(910) 328-2117 bridge is basically behind east coats sports

Reactions: Swampin'
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.