NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

I've been crabbing my whole life - from tying a piece of chicken on a string as a kid, all the way to getting my first recreational commercial gear license a few years back.

I fish full-sized, commercial pots from a canoe which has it's challenges to say the least but it usually works out great and I love every minute on the water.

I recently started a YouTube channel with hopes of some day making a little side income from the videos I put out. I've done a handful of videos so far that I think have turned out great but I would really love to get some feedback from viewers like y'all. I try my best to produce videos that make the viewer feel like they're out there on the water with me.

Here's a link to a canoe crabbing video from this October up by Snead's ferry - It was a slow fall but I still managed to get some decent hauls here and there:

Thanks to everyone who posts on the forum for the wealth of knowledge. I've frequented the forum over the years but never posted until now. Appreciate y'all!

·
Registered
81 Posts
DeadCrab,
I liked the video. Great first person perspective. Good upbeat music. Well done.
Curious why you have a spare tire in your canoe.
My only feedback - provide a little more views of the water, bank and grass. It's awesome out there and a lot of people don't get to see it. I bet your audience would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeadCrab,
I liked the video. Great first person perspective. Good upbeat music. Well done.
Curious why you have a spare tire in your canoe.
My only feedback - provide a little more views of the water, bank and grass. It's awesome out there and a lot of people don't get to see it. I bet your audience would appreciate it.
Really great feedback TomnNC - I'll make sure to throw in more nature shots in the next one. My goal is definitely to make the viewer feel like they're out there as much as possible.

As for the spare tire - I put it in the front when I'm riding solo, it evens out the weight and helps the canoe track straight and not get blown around in the wind.

Thanks again for watching and commenting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts