NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in placing some condos out in harris lake. Is it against the law to place them out or do I need a permit. Just don't want to get in trouble.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Might check on the nc forum of crappie.com if you don't get a bite here. There was a group that did it at Jordan a few years ago. I'm not sure what the deal would be at Harris.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
IM not going to chase down documentation but I would guess they would consider that polluting, as well as possibly creating unknow water hazards if placed in the wrong place. That being said, I've done it "around here" :)

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
What if you were out on your boat and your crappie condos accidently fell overboard?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hooked Harris up a few years ago. After midnight in the middle of the week, You'll be the only one on the lake.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Also check Habitat for Humanity Re-store. Good place to find PVC and other materials.. Bamboo holds up pretty well and its free though, so I see what you're thinking.. Main thing is make sure whatever you use has alot of anchor, it takes more to hold it still than you think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also check Habitat for Humanity Re-store. Good place to find PVC and other materials.. Bamboo holds up pretty well and its free though, so I see what you're thinking.. Main thing is make sure whatever you use has alot of anchor, it takes more to hold it still than you think.
So I was thinking of a 5gal bucket and a half of a bag of concrete. Do u thinking that would hold

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
with bamboo or pvc in a lake more like 2/3 full yes, in a river with current no, it will take a full bucket. Be sure and let the concrete cure a week or more as it will be so thick. If you drill a few holes in the bucket bottom and line it with something like newspaper you can use the bucket as a "mold" rather than dropping the bucket and all. That also makes for a more "natural" product since it will not have plastic, if you also use the bamboo and your buckets can be used again. .
So I was thinking of a 5gal bucket and a half of a bag of concrete. Do u thinking that would hold

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't know the legality of it, but I would go ahead and do it. Better to do it at off-peak times so others don't see where you are putting them.

I thought about trying to put some in Harris, but honestly there are so many already there it's not necessary. Try cruising around slow in 15-25 FOW and watching your sonar. Might save you some work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts