NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crappie fishing at Buggs Island has been gettin better an better each wk! We had one our best days of the yr yesterday with 79 keeper sized (10-14 inches) with 23 weighing a pound or more. Most were caught vertical jiggin a 3/32 oz hand made Bucktail jig over stumps an brush piles in 12-22fow, 5-15 ft deep. Also had several white perch up to 12 inches. This is my favorite time of the yr for crappie fishing!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Wish I could get the, biting from the banks at falls lake. Thursday I got one nice size but not enough to take home. Would love to get about 50 more min the freezer

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've been doin best on the main lake from Buffalo down to Clarksville for the last couple months. But with the coolin water temps, they shouild be movin into the creeks soon. This yr has been very unusual in that the fish have not reacted as they do most yrs. The COE has held the lake level up around normal elavation, while most yrs its down several ft by this time of yr. Plus the water temp never got as high this past summer as it usually does. These conditions have made for some challengin fishin~!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fished the Eno Friday. Crappie was hard to find but we eventually found a few in the back waters. Ended up with some nice keepers along with a few White Perch, totaled 33 in all. Not bad for early season but could be much better . Cooler water will help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.