NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Where you hitting the river at??

I fish it down in Duplin County. Just caught a couple on beetle spins. Will hit em good when the water gets back into the banks, right now its flooded in my area.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two Crappie and about eight real nice Shell Crackers. Next week I am picking up a box of Crickets and hunting those Shell Crackers! Man, what a great evening on the water using 4# test and a 4' buggy whip to pull those Shell Crackers out of the wood. That was some fun.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
The water is out of the banks up at my end so it will take a while for it to get right. When it does you can take the canoe and ease down river and cast beetle spins and they will go bonkers.

tight lines <*))))>{

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mr.Hobbs what ramp are you using in Duplin, the one outside of Beauliville on 24 or the one in hallsville near chinquipin. I have been wanting to try one of those areas but am worried about it being too stumpy for my basst boat. I have a 17 ft procraft. It runs very shallow and in new places i mostly use the trolling motor. You reckon it is safe to put in at one of these places.
Thanks for any info you can cast my way.
james

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Right now while the water is up you can launch, later when then water gets down you'll have to go to Burgaw to put in.

Chinquapin on hwy 50/41 where it crosses the river has a brand new ramp.

I usually put in on a few of farms that I have access to. That way I can float down stream and portage at another farm, just have a truck sitting there waiting.

Our hunting club leases about 2500 acreas along the NE Cape Fear river and I have a couple access areas there also.;) Put the canoe in and ease down river, find a good crossing and sit back and relax, sooner or later the dogs will push the deer to ya.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have been looking at that new ramp when I cross over on 41 heading toward Wilmington and always think that is a pretty stretch of water if this darn wind will ever quit blowing I think I will give it a try.
thanks for the info
James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.