NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finnally got to get out of the house and do some real fishing so i figured if i am going to go at least go for something that will bite. Me and the wife went to a little creek off by edenton off of the albamarle sound on thursday and caught a couple of nice crappie off of good ole white grubs with a silver spinner and then last night took the boy out and we thought we would try the same thing with no luck so right around dark we started in with the one thing that i knew would not fail us with crappie which is minnows. We started in with those and hit a honey hole and started hitting one after another. It was a good time and the boy enjoyed it too. So if anyone is wondering yes the crappie are there you just got to find em. And beleive me I will be going again on Sunday after this crappy whether moves through and it ain't to cold.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Alot of people prefer to use a jig head ( 1/16 oz to a 1/32 oz or bigger ) tipped with a small plastic grub for crappie. I have caught crappie on rapala x raps as well. Live minnows work good too and just use a jig head to tip them as well. A bobber with 2 jig heads and grubs can work good too. I prefer to use either small crankbaits such as rapalas or a jig head tipped with a small grub. Any other questions just feel free to ask. Thanks for all you do! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.