NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going crappie fishing 3/21 Saturday Morning. I am thinking that due to recent rain crappie will be in deep water so live Bait like minnows on a crappie rig will be my first choice then lures on a jighead maybe use slip shot weight anyone has any more enlightenment on this subject?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm thinking they will be staging to spawn in 10 - 15 foot depths outside coves, but I don't have a clue that's where I plan to start looking. Other strategy is to look at where all the other boats go :) Northwest part of lake will warm fastest especially if the water is stained/muddy I know last year it was a mad dash to those areas each morning.

BTW it's "Teach a man to fish and he will be frustrated for a lifetime" :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the nfo ppowell , spidey ..I'll be heading to Carrboro Cane Creek Reservoir so hopefully you guys tips would help

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the plan.. we ve been inline since 11pm waiting for 6:30am Sat 3/21 for them to open and head straight to the back of the Reservoir , got live bait (minnows) grubs /lures on jighead spinner baits and shallow diver crank baits tubes all different colors like chartreuse white ect

Reactions: sundrop
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.