NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muddy Water and I hit Kerr on Saturday morning (3/1/08) and did OK with the crappie. Between the two of us, we landed 9 or 10, plus a couple of small white perch. Not huge numbers, but half of the crappie were right at 1 pound, nice and fat! Caught them near the bottom in about 40-50 feet of water on live minnows. Probably could have done better, but the wind became intolerable. By noon, the water heading back to Flemingtown was pretty choppy.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Glad ya got on a few!

·
Registered
155 Posts
WOW! Fish were at 40 foot deep. Thats real deep for this time of year. Nice work finding them. Pounders are real nice size fish. Lot of talk about them going shallow soon. Im finding them deep on the bottom but much shallower than 40 foot in the 15 to 20 foot level in 22 foot of water. Did you try any shallower channels at the mouth of creeks or up the creeks?

·
Registered
575 Posts
We did go up one of the creeks to escape the wind. I didn't mark any fish on my sonar, but Fisherjon marked a few in one spot. We have been told that fishing the Nutbush area for crappie is tough and it appears to be true. The crappie seem to be scattered. In the area where we were catching them they would be 2 or 3 small schools show up per hour, usually with baitfish.

I understand that on the Grassy Creek area of Kerr, they can be found at the creek mouth and at the back of the creeks in concentrated numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.