NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and I tried to hit warmest part of the day in hunt for crappie. Launched at 2pm and got a couple hours in. Took almost an hour to figure out colors and presentation but they started falling for green and chartreuse 2" grub on both white as well as yellow 1/16oz jig heads fished vertically. They were suspended 1 foot from bottom in 10ft water near where a branch runoff into lake was. Ended up with 9 keepers all catch and released. Great way to start the new year.

Water Smile Vertebrate Outdoor recreation Lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
That's great... nice crappie there! Awesome to see folks getting the kids on the water. Congrats!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. She has a bass pro pfd in front of her that was not on during the picture taking :) we were next to shore although kind of difficult to tell from that perspective.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If your anything like me, the absolutely best days on the water or in the woods are those days that I get to share with my kids. Great job! I would however caution the lack of a PFD, safety should always be paramount.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice day with the kido !!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Agree on the PFD it should be on at all times. I am actually looking into one for myself there are a few new bank spots I would like to try and falling into cold water even close to shore is not a treat and could cause shock,

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recommend pfd's that have a comfortable back that does not interfere with a boat seat or yak seat if fishing sitting down. Something to consider when purchasing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.