NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to head out this past Saturday to do a little crappie fishing. The weather over those past few days had been pretty warm so I figured the crappie bite would be good. I got of work at midnight and got a few hours of sleep and was back up at 5:30 am. I loaded my kayak and gear, and headed straight to the Neuse Sport Shop. Surprisingly, when I got there, they were completely out of medium minnows and only had a few small ones left. Looks like I wasn't the only one going for the almighty crappie that morning. They did have a full tank of large, but that's not what I wanted. There was two guys in front of me that I knew were going to get the rest of the small minnows. Thank God they did leave me about two dozen:D:D:D. I picked up a couple of Road Runners also and headed out to do some fishing on a creek of the Trent River. My partner met me down there and we were fishing at around 8 am. The water was calm and the temp was holding at about 60 degrees on my depth finder. The bite started pretty quick and lasted almost the whole time we were there. We ended up with some nice ones for the frying pan. I uploaded a video for you guys, I hope you enjoy. Be blessed:):):)

[video=youtube;Pofr8m5bmo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pofr8m5bmo0[/video]

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Lake

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Trigger22 is was good to see you and your family as well. Didn't realize it was you until you got close enough lol. Hopefully the warm weather will be hear to stay next week. I enjoy crappie fishing, but Im really ready to get after those SHEEPSHEAD! :D:D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.