I join this site yesterday and fish mostly with slip bobber
and minnow. I'm starting to use plastics. 1/16 red hook
jig head 2' tail & 1 1/2" tubes. I'd would enjoy any advice
a good crappie catcher can give me.
Thanks Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mostly use 1/8 oz heads but thats a personnal preference,also love black/chartreuse and pumpkinseed/chartreuse tubes,just always had luck with those colors,ole buddie showed me afew years ago also a technic in trolling,cut an old coat hanger,bout 8-10 inches and bend in ribbon pattern,tie at bottom of line,suppose to be perfect weight when trolling,appears to work,i've caught bunch doin it,good luck Starz

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Starz, I'd like to see a pic of exactly how that works... Sound like a nice trick!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
live small minnows,, that's the only thing I can think of.
I've tried them small tube jig bodies,, but I've never caught anything on them.
Small beetle spin on a lead head has worked as well

Welcome on Gary!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Little rooster tails work well. But I like to float minnows myself.. I'm lazy...LOL!

Reactions: 704gary

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome Gary! As the others have said live bait, live bait, live bait....nothing beats it. I use jiggs like you have mentioned in an aray of colors pink and white have been my choice but nothing comes close to the minnow, however you use it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use a bassassin 2" curly tail grub in in salt and pepper color. 1/8 jig with long shank red hooks and 6pd test. I just go along the bank and hit all downed trees or any cover. You can skip it under tree limbs and really work the bait. It catches everything. But if there are crappie there they cant resist it. This is the only crappie lure I`ll ever need. That and minnows. Locate them with the grub and finish them off with minnows. good hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.