NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you can catch one or two you can catch twenty. Pay attention to what kind of environment you are pulling them out of (depth,location,structure).
Try to find a trend. Jigs or minnows under floats work well. My favorite method is finding brush piles they are occupying and vertical jigging or dropping a minnow down from a slip bobber just above their position.

This time of year crappie specific crankbaits (small to medium sized, highly visible) work well too and will usually catch the bigger of the lot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
If you can catch one or two you can catch twenty. Pay attention to what kind of environment you are pulling them out of (depth,location,structure).
Try to find a trend. Jigs or minnows under floats work well. My favorite method is finding brush piles they are occupying and vertical jigging or dropping a minnow down from a slip bobber just above their position.

This time of year crappie specific crankbaits (small to medium sized, highly visible) work well too and will usually catch the bigger of the lot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
x2....jigging brush is exactly how I caught almost all my crappie the last couple trips out....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts