NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Love Dr. Ben Carson! He's not my perfect candidate but he's a lot closer than most.

Gotta love that, "Puff! and there was an eyeball overnight" :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
This discussion can only end badly if it gets going. I'll sit this one out.

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a shame so many scientists spend their entire lives making up this garbage. Whatever kept so many species separate for so many years? What about the joke of circular reasoning? Evidence? ? Lol.

·
Registered
762 Posts
He's purposefully ignoring heaps of evidence. The eyeball story doesn't hold water, for one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Evolution is the framework and without it, biology makes no sense. I know of zero evidence that contradicts evolution.

Just because you don't like rain doesn't mean it isn't raining.
Right, because it's easier to believe a complex organism such as a human just happened by chance, starting with a single-cell organism that just happened to spring into existence in some sludge. For me, when I see a clock, I know there is a clock maker.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I am not closing this just yet, but I am going to remind everyone this is a FAITH AND FISHING forum, not a FAITH DEBATE forum. This is a forum set up so our members of the Christian faith can post about their faith and their experiences in the faith.

Yes, this is for the Christian faith. WHY? Because this is a privately owned and operated site and so far in this country, you can control what you have on your site. We prefer to believe that there is a Creator of all. No debate here. If you do not believe that, that's ok...just don't visit this part of the site. You don't have to believe the same way the owners do, you just have to follow the rules of the site. It IS the best fishing site out there for sure!

If you want to debate faith, do it somewhere else...start your own blog or forum or site or whatever, but this forum is not the place for those debates.

Thanks all...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
and that's why I stick to fishing.. to each their own. Blessed be..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The Pope believes in evolution. Why can't people accept that evolution could be part of creationism? In my mind, creationism does not disprove evolution and evolution does not disprove creationism. The term evolution itself means evolving over time, creationism refers to the begining or creation of something, they are not mutually exclusive.

Am I making too much sense and being too rational?

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Pope believes in evolution. Why can't people accept that evolution could be part of creationism? In my mind, creationism does not disprove evolution and evolution does not disprove creationism. The term evolution itself means evolving over time, creationism refers to the begining or creation of something, they are not mutually exclusive.

Am I making too much sense and being too rational?
This. Why do people think both ideas are mutually exclusive?

I've heard it said evolution is the 'how', not the 'why.' Food for thought.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why is is too hard to have a simple trusting faith that God Created the heavens and the earth just as he said he did? Why do we have to try so hard to come up with answers? Any one who ponders it for very long at all surely realizes it makes the most sense.. From the beginning humans have been trying to discredit God because we have an adversary. The devil. Just as Carson says.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Why is is too hard to have a simple trusting faith that God Created the heavens and the earth just as he said he did? Why do we have to try so hard to come up with answers? Any one who ponders it for very long at all surely realizes it makes the most sense.. From the beginning humans have been trying to discredit God because we have an adversary. The devil. Just as Carson says.
Probably the same reason it is so hard for you to accept scientific evidence. Self reflection is a useful tool. Do you really think we have been blessed with the intelligence we have to not use it? It is not discrediting anything, merely understanding our surroundings.

Reactions: FishinCary
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.